Wednesday, September 23, 2009



In addition to these three images, there was a very realistic oil portrait of two girls holding hands that I was not able to upload. My idea was to put that painting on one end of the table, (on the wall behind it). You would view the installation from the other end of the table(the long way) and in the middle of the table would be the two dead goats. I thought that would be interesting because the goats would mirror the two girls in the portrait. I would also put the tea pots and silverware on the table in order to create a casual atmosphere around the goats. I think this dinning table with the tea pot, silverware and the portrait would create a serene atmosphere. When you add the dead goats it would completely change the way you saw the other items, and I think it would feel very creepy and kind of disturbing.

6 comments:

  1. I think you would achieve that creepiness.
    i can actually picture walking into this as an exhibit and its kinda chilling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is creepy sounding! good job! what gave you the idea to do this? Or did it just come along as you took photos?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used the goats too. They sure are swell.

    That would create a chilling atmosphere. I can picture your description perfectly. I'm not sure what i would do if I walked into a scene like the one you have described. It would definitely raise a lot of questions for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creppy, And most certainly disturbing!!

    The girls and goats mirroring eachother make me feel as if the girls died or something happend to them, all that's left of them is the painting..It gives me this emptyness in this wam dining room. Then suddenly there's these dead goats, As if the two girls are just as well off as dead goats.

    If you build a story or not, At any rate you've achieved a very "suddenly cold" kind of vibe Claire.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This installation would, without a doubt, be pretty creepy. Do you think there would be any effect or message for the viewers beyond being creeped out? The installation would definitely implicate us as viewers, like this table was set for us to sit down and dig in to some kind of sacrifice, perhaps with the goats seeming to symbolize the girls? I wonder if there might be something else that could be added to make the questions more specific, and the creepiness more in service of something.

    ReplyDelete